How to help
What to do
We all need to help; be informed, be aware and report anything unusual. That way, we can keep unwanted pests and diseases at bay in Tauranga Moana. And if these biological threats do get here, we can minimise the damage they inflict. Please join TMBC to strengthen New Zealand’s biosecurity team of 4.7 million – that’s all of us.
Need more information?
- Visit and ‘like’ our Tauranga Moana Biosecurity Capital Facebook page
- Spread the word – talk to others about why biosecurity matters
- If you, your business or community group wants to be involved in TMBC, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information
- Find more information here and here mpi.govt.nz
- For livestock health concerns or bugs or plants that are weird, invasive or new, take action. Snap a photo and call MPI on 0800 80 99 66.
Become a member
Businesses, industry groups, community groups, scientists, educationalists, individuals and anyone with a genuine interest in biosecurity is welcome to join Tauranga Moana Biosecurity Capital. Click here to find out more.
We need to work with our rangatahi, our young ones, and we need to start arming them. Today is about passing on knowledge, starting to get them thinking around biosecurity... and hopefully, in the years to come, they become the leaders of the future in terms of protecting the taonga (treasure) that we have here ~ Reon Tuanau, Te Runanga o Ngai Te Rangi Iwi Trust.